Sunday, June 17, 2012

Finally in Michigan

I got to Michigan last night at about 1:30 am EST and I would have posted then but my grandparents were adamant in finding me food, and we ended up getting lost about a million times. Needless today we didn't get to their house until about 5 am EST and I didn't get to sleep until about 6. Anyway I'm going to give a little review of the plane rides and airports.


Airport 1 - Medford, OR
This airport was GREAT! The people were really nice and helpful and they knew exactly what they were doing. The airport was tiny and adorable, and really easy to find my gate and all of that.


Airport 2 - San Francisco, CA
This airport was a nightmare! It was too big, super confusing and nobody knew what they were doing. I kept asking people in uniform where I should go and no one was helpful. It didn't help that most of them weren't American and they had thick accents that were hard to understand. I just generally hated that airport.

Airport 3 - Phoenix, AZ
I didn't really explore this airport too much because my layover was only about 30 minutes, but what I saw was adorable. I liked they people, they were very nice. My favorite part of this airport was all of the very attractive males that kept walking by :)

Airport 4 - Detroit, MI
By the time I got to this airport everything was closed. It was really easy to find baggage claim and the bathroom and my grandma. I liked the layout of this airport because it was so simple.

Flight 1 - Medford, OR to San Francisco, CA
First of all the airplane was TINY! And I think that greatly effected my reaction.
Take off scared the crap out of me! I was okay when the plane started and was driving to the runway, but as soon as the wheels left the ground I panicked. My heart was racing, my palms were sweaty, and I was FREAKING OUT! I am scared of heights to some extent and that was horrible. After we leveled out and were on our way I was okay.The guy sitting across from me kept staring at me though, he tried to make it subtle, but he failed miserably. And then he kept texting after the stewardess said to turn off phones three times. I almost punched him in his face! But aside from that the view was AMAZING! The stewardess was super nice, and the complimentary drink was tiny (like the plane). The ride was mostly quiet except for the engine which sounded like it was on my lap. Other than that the flight seemed to go by really quickly.

Flight 2 - San Francisco, CA to Phoenix, AZ
Take off still scared me. I was less nervous this time but I was still panicking. I had to close my eyes and hold my breath because I felt nauseous. The plane was normal sized, but it seemed MASSIVE compared to the tiny Medford plane. I had the window seat again so I was in heaven. I took so many pictures of basically the same view haha. These flight attendants were okay, but one of them seemed quite pissy. The complimentary drink was delicious (I had apple juice the first time, then coke the second and third time) and was about 12 oz. This plane was much quieter than the other one and the ride was way smoother. The seats were so comfy and amazing that I fell asleep almost instantly. The views I saw on this flight was 1,000 times better than the first one, but probably because this was a longer distance.

Flight 3 - Phoenix, AZ to Detroit, MI
This was on the same plane as flight 2 was, but the flight attendants were different. Both of these flight attendants were super nice. Take off was less scary this time, but still nerve wrecking. I have a feeling I will always hate take off. This flight took FOREVER! It was a three maybe four hour flight, it was horrendous. I started listening to music on this plane since there was nothing else to do and my iPod was fully charged still. I don't think that was a good idea. I got insanely homesick while listening to music. Angel Taylor started playing and I started to miss my Burrito, Dev started playing and I missed all of the fun weekends I had had, Ellie Goulding started playing and I missed sitting around singing along with my Little Mermaid. I almost started crying on the stupid plane... I have a feeling this summer is going to be hard. Hopefully I get to see at least one of my favorite people before the summer ends. It was super dark so I couldn't take pictures, but I got to see a thunder and lightning storm from above and that was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. I love thunder and lightning storms (especially in the summer) but seeing it from above made me love it a million times more! Unfortunately the storm brought turbulence about. That scared me more than take off. I honestly thought we were going to crash about five times. Luckily we didn't and I ended up in Detroit.

Overall I think the trip was good. There were good and bad things, but that's life. I have mixed feelings about being here, but I'm going to try to make the most out of it since I can't just walk back home (If Burrito or my Little Mermaid are reading this I hope you get the reference haha). Anyway it's kind of 5 am EST so I think I should go to sleep. I'll post again later. I'm trying to make up for the lost time. I will eventually be caught up... I hope.


♥  E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, opinions, and questions welcome!