Thursday, July 26, 2012

REVIEW: So You Think You Can Dance?


   For those of you who don't know what So You Think You Can Dance is {have you been living in a cave?}, it's a dance show that was created in 2005 by Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Fuller. They hold auditions all over the U.S and they eventually eliminate it down to a top 20 {10 boys & 10 girls}, those top 20 are then put on the show. They're paired up and then they get assigned a choreographer. They have a loooong list of choreographers that help out on the show, sometimes the choreographers are used as judges too. The dancers dance then get judged by Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy and a third judge that changes every week. At the end of the show America votes for their favorites and then next week people are eliminated based on the votes of America.


    Since I don't really have a lot to blog about because we haven't done much here, I decided to start reviewing things for you guys. I decided to start the reviewing with SYTYCD.
 
I am so pumped because I just got done watching this weeks episode of SYTYCD and OHMYGOSH! 
Can I just say that this season is totally my favorite. I have favorites from past seasons but I LOVE the whole group this season!
My favorite routines this week were as follows:

  1. Cyrus and Eliana dancing a NappyTabs routine
  2. Chehon and Whitney dancing a Stacey Tookey routine
  3. George and Tiffany also dancing NappyTabs
If you couldn't tell Napoleon and Tabitha D'umo are my faovrite choreographing duo. I also LOVE Sonya Tayeh, Travis Wall, Tyce Diorio, Stacey Tookey, Pasha Kovalev, and Sean Cheesman. I think all of them are wonderful dancers and amazing choreographers.

I've been watching this show for so many seasons. I got hooked on it because of my best friend L and ever since I've been obsessed. I think this season is my favorite though.
My favorite individual dancers are{in no particular order}:
I have a serious heart attack every time my favorites are in the bottom 6. I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen this weeks episode or last weeks, but OH MY GOSH! I can't believe on of my favorites has gone home both weeks. I really hope two of my favorites make it to the top, maybe even win.
I can't believe they're taking a two week break! That is an outrage! But I know that when they return there will be some killer dance routines.
For those of you who haven't seen it, you should totally check it out and tell me what you think. For those of you who have seen it, you should also tell me what you think :)

Don't forget about National Dance Day guys! July 28! Mark your calendars. Head over to the Dizzy Feet Foundation to learn more and download the dances!

Hope you all have a dance-filled rest of the week!
♥  E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, opinions, and questions welcome!